A hearing test provides an evaluation of the sensitivity of a person’s sense of hearing and is most often performed by an audiologist using an audiometer. An audiometer is used to determine a person’s hearing sensitivity at different frequencies.
There are many other Hearing tests are present now a days.
We have various option for Hearing testing:
- Pure Tone Audiometry.
- Speech Audiometry.
- Impedance Audiometry.
- Short Increment Sensitivity Index (SISI)
- Tone Decay Test (TDT)
- Alternative Binaural Loudness Balance (ABLB) Test.
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Impedance Audiometry
- Behavioural Observation Audiometry (BOA).
- Play Audiometry.
- Free Field Audiometry.
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA).
- Otoacoustic Emission (OAE).
For Hearing Aids fittings:
- Hearing Aid Trial.
- Aided Audiometry.
And many more test to know the hearing level, Hearing loss type and Treatment options available….